Docker for Developers
Ready to simplify your workflow with Docker containers? Don’t know where or how to get started?
Now available in Print! Docker For Developers is written for developers looking to replace development environments using virtualization. It’s also designed for devops people who want to see how integrate Docker into existing application delivery workflow. This book covers not only how to work with Docker, but how to make it work with your application.
Inside you will learn about:
- working with containers: what they are, and how they can help you as a developer.
- using Docker to simplify building, testing, and deploying distributed applications.
- separating the different concerns of your application to have a more robust, scalable application.
Finally, see how to leverage Docker to deploy your application and make it a part of your deployment strategy. You’ll ensure your environments are the same while streamlining packaging and delivery of your application.
The sample includes the Table of Contents and Index.
This book covers the following topics:
- Container Basics
- Installing and Running a Container on Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X
- Working with Container Images, Data, and Networking.
- How to Containerize Your PHP & MySQL application
- Building a Custom Image
- Using Tools like Docker Machine, Docker Swarm, and Docker Compose
About the Author
Chris Tankersley is a PHP Developer living in Northwest Ohio. He has been developing PHP applications for more than ten years, across a wide variety of frameworks and business needs. In addition to programming, Chris manages hosting and server deployments for developers that are looking for more than just what basic hosting provides. He currently spends most of his time working with Sculpin, Zend Framework 2, and Drupal.
He is also an author of many PHP articles for php[architect], as well as a speaker, traveling around the US giving talks at many PHP-based conferences. Chris also helped found the Northwest Ohio PHP User Group. Chris is the PHP FIG representative for Sculpin, a static site generator written in PHP, and the lead developer for the PHP Mentoring website.
- Docker for Developers
- Digital Formats
- PDF, ePub, Mobi
- Chris Tankersley
- Date Published
- 7.5" x 9.2"