PHP Development in the Cloud
Most developers gloss over when they hear “the cloud” as the term has been appropriated by marketing types and has very little true meaning anymore. In this book, Vito and Ivo strip bare the buzzwords and help PHP developers figure out what the cloud is actually about and how they can take advantage of what cloud computing has to offer. After reading this book, you will not only have a clear picture of what cloud computing is, but you’ll also be able to utilize the various cloud services that are out there.
Topics covered include:
- Cloud Computing primer (characteristics and models)
- Cloud Basics (prerequisites and programming)
- Cloud Architecture (horizontal scalability, preventing bottlenecks, abstraction, multi-tenancy)
- Working with Popular Cloud Infrastructures (Amazon, Rackspace, Azure)
- Working with Popular Cloud Platforms (Google, Rackspace, and others)
- Working with Popular Cloud Software and Services (OpenID, OAuth, Search, Payments, CRMs, Maps, Storage)
- PHP Programming in the Cloud
- Digital Formats
- PDF, ePub, Mobi
- Ivo Jansch, Vito Chin
- Date Published
- 7.5" x 9.2"