May 2014 php[architect] Magazine Released – Making a Difference
Our May issue is now available. While it’s easy to focus on our own needs and tasks, in this issue, we look at how you Make a Difference and bank some karma too.
- Joe Devon introduces us to Global Accessibility Awareness Day and stresses the importance of building accessibility into our sites and apps.
- Erika Heidi shares her experience contributing her first Pull Request to a well-regarded framework.
- Michael Crumm shows a better way to interact with the cURL extensions and API Clients with Guzzle.
- Darren Cook teaches how use HTML5 Server Sent Events to leverage push messages easily.
- Our Confident Coder Aaron Saray reminds us to use the powerful (but sometimes neglected) built-in capabilities of PHP with filter_var as an example.
- In Education Station, Matthew Setter wraps up his introduction to the Phalcon framework with a look at template caching, custom routes, and form handling.
- This month’s Laravel Tips from Dirk Merkel explores how to use Helpers to lock down your URLs.
If you’re not already a subscriber, purchase this issue or a subscription today. Don’t forget, if you are reading this on an iPad or iPhone, we have an app to help make it easier to access your issues. Download it from the App Store today!