php[architect] Editorial Calendar
Below, you can see our planned editorial calendar for the year. If you’re looking for topics to write about, it can hopefully provide some inspiration and guidance on what to write on and which issues to target. That being said, we are always open to any ideas. We’d be happy to work with you on preparing an article proposal for us on the topics listed below.
- Advice on using PHP functions, extensions, etc
- Structuring Projects
- API Development
- Writing secure PHP code
- Writing PHP Extensions
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Functional Programming
- Asynchronous Programming
- Design Patterns
- Programming Principles
- Testing and Test-driven design
- Getting the most out of IDEs
- Using code quality and static-analysis tools
- Version Control Software (git, svn, etc.)
- Continous Integration
- Continous Deployment
- Task Runners
- Test Automation
Frameworks & CMSes
- Zend Framework, Symfony, Laravel, Aura, Silex, Slim, etc.
- WordPress, Drupal, Joomla
- Non-traditional CMSes & Static Site Generators
- Message Queues
- Payment Processing
- Server setup, configuration
- Provisioning Tools
- Server security
- Relational DBs
Productivity & Professional Development
- Speaking & Writing
- Managing other Developers
- Career Planning and Advice
- Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
- Managing Projects and Tasks
- Working with Clients & Customers
- Running User Groups
- Running an Open Source Project
Tools to automate API building
Practices to integrate to modernize your dev workflow.
Assessing and improving code quality.
Explore the roots of our industry
Exploit all the power of Composer.
See what tools you need to build a front end app powered by a PHP driven API.
Tools to keep your servers safe.
|August||Be Lazy and Automate:
What tools can help you standardize routine tasks?
A successful career means constantly learning and improving. How do you make that part of your professional development?
Measuring and improving front & back end performance
Emulate are the habits of successful developers.
Learn about the power of the PHP community.