Welcome to CodeWorks, Ed Finkler!
Ed Finkler is a web application developer, security expert, graphic designer, and dabbling musician. He works for The Center for Education
and Research in Information Assurance and Security (CERIAS) at Purdue University, and is a member of the PHP Security Consortium. He is a frequent speaker at PHP, Open Source and technology conferences such as php|tek, ZendCon, OSCON, and SXSW among others. His projects include:
- Spaz – An award–winning, open source Twitter client, available on Mac OSX, Windows and Linux. Also now available for the Palm Pre!
- Inspekt – A comprehensive input filtering and validation library for PHP4 and PHP5
- PhpSecInfo – A PHP Environment Security Auditing Tool
- LameBrain – A LAME-based mp3 converter/CD ripper for OS X
Some little-known facts about Ed:
- He released two albums of music in the late 90s/early 00s
- He self-published several video gaming and music fanzines in his teens
- Got his Bachelor’s degree in English, and had planned on being a writer until web site development better fed his ADD
- Still owns dozens of old gaming consoles and computers, including an original Magnavox Odyssey
- He has written for Ars Technica
- He has a west coast doppleganger that looks nothing like him
- This is not the
Funkatron you are looking for.